Call 800.561.6692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order masks or place large quantity orders
Orthopedic Surgical Instruments
Apiary Medical is an authorized distributor of high-quality German instruments. One of our specialties is precision surgical instruments for orthopedic surgeons.
Trusted Surgical Instrument Supplier to World Leaders
Many world leaders and innovators in orthopedics and spine have found in Apiary Medical a trusted and reliable partner. Apiary Medical provides High-quality German instruments with excellent customer service and pricing.
Verified Orthopedic Surgical Instrument Quality
Every High-quality German surgical instrument must pass detailed Quality Assurance (QA) tests before it can be sold. Instruments are tested for:
- Pattern Consistency
- Critical Dimensions
Extensive Surgical Instrument resource
The Apiary Medical partner’s catalogs contain thousands of instrument patterns including many patterns primarily used in orthopedic and spinal surgical procedures. To view the instruments available, visit our catalog. For a quick answer on availability of instruments made by other companies, use our search feature or email/fax us a copy of the instrument or brand-name and part number.
Custom instrumentation Development
We offer development of custom or hard-to-find instruments that you currently do not see in our product brochure. If you would like an accurate quotation, send a sample, sketch, or a drawing and we will provide you with a fast answer on pricing and availability.
Competitive Pricing for Precision Orthopedic and Spine Surgery Instruments
We have proven that better instruments can be found at prices often 20% to 30% less than other high-priced brands. We keep our overhead costs low and our quality high so that we can pass the savings on to our customers.
The Best Guarantee in The Orthopedic Surgical Instrument Industry
Each surgical instrument has a lifetime quality guarantee and a one year 100% satisfaction guarantee. Use any instrument for a year, if you are not completely happy, for any reason, return it for a 100% refund. No restocking fees, no hassles.
We bring 50 years of experience in orthopedic surgical instruments to your customer service experience, so you can count on us to solve instrument problems or hard-to-find pattern requests quickly and efficiently. Your calls will be answered by knowledgeable professionals dedicated to providing the highest levels of service. Some of our customer service highlights include:
- 98% of orders ship the same day.
- Free shipping on all orders of $250 or more
- All instruments are available for surgeon evaluation.
If you have any questions or problems regarding instruments, please consult with our knowledgeable staff at 800.561.6692.
Below are some questions that are frequently asked:
What tools do orthopedic surgeons use?
Orthopedic surgeons use a variety of tools. Some of the most common tools used in orthopedic surgery include:
- Hohmann retractors.
- Meals Tenolysis instruments.
- Lead and aluminum hand holders and tables.
- Self-retaining retractor systems.
- Screw drivers and removal systems.
- K-Wire and pin instruments.
Other common orthopedic tools, medical equipment, instruments, and supplies that are used in an orthopedic or spine surgery operating room include needle holders, bone holding forceps, bone chisels, locking screws and universal screwdriver sets.
Orthopedists use suture anchors, surgical spoons, angled jaws and instrument trays.
They use Steinman pins, sharps containers, blood pressure monitors and bone cement. They also use mm screws, cuttable bone plates, orthopedic drills and cortical screws in surgery. Other equipment they need includes drill guides, anatomical models, protective apparel as well as suction tubes.
Finally, they need depth gauges, sterile trays, plate holding forceps, and syringe pumps.
What are various equipment used in orthopedic operation?
The most commonly used instruments for orthopedic surgery are specialty instruments such as:
- Hohmann retractors. This is a surgical instrument used by orthopedic surgeons to expose bone for various orthopedic surgical procedures. (ordere)
- Meals Tenolysis Surgical Instruments. These are instruments that reduce hand fatigue while maximizing the surgeon’s access to tendon surfaces. This is a four-piece set which features three double-ended knives for accessing, probing, and lysing tendons and a dilator for stretching the annular pulleys.
- Lead and aluminum hand holders and tables. Aluminum and Lead hands are hand-shaped slabs that are malleable and effective for positioning a hand properly for surgery. A hand table is a system by which the hand can be secured with various pieces of equipment to secure it as the surgeon desires.
- Other common orthopedic instruments used include bone holding forceps, chisels, locking screws and bone cutters.
What are orthopedic devices?
An orthopedic device is often referred to as an orthopedic implant. This is a medical device that is fabricated to replace a joint or bone. It can also be manufactured as a device used to support a damaged bone. These types of devices are created with stainless steel and titanium alloys so that they are strong. They are coated with plastic that behaves as an artificial cartilage.